- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Jun 25, 2018
- [+] More Details
A review of PDFCreator by Fernando Ortega
PDFCreator is a virtual printer with which you can create PDF files from any program. It installs in minutes and works just like a printer.
Creating a PDF with PDFCreator: To create a PDF with PDFCreator, hit CTRL P (or print) from any program like Microsoft Word and select PDFCreator as your printer. A dialog panel appears where you can fill in the details of the document title, author, subject, keywords, etc.
The buttons on the box allow PDFCreator print save the PDF, email it or put in queue. After a few seconds your new PDF document will be ready.
By default, PDFCreator will open with the default viewer, usually Adobe Acrobat Viewer or another if you have it installed. This behavior can be disabled by unchecking PDFCreator a box in the Print window.
Finally, in the PDFCreator options you can adjust the print quality, define actions to be executed before or after save or rename automatically define templates for printed documents.
PDFCreator is without doubt one of the best programs to print to PDF. Given the large number of existing PDF printers, PDFCreator is one of the best because of both its speed and configurability. If you're looking for a good virtual PDF printer, PDFCreator is definitely worth a look.
PDFCreator can encrypt PDF files, decrypt PDF files and install a virtual PDF printer.PDFCreator features and highlights:
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
PDFCreator is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from pdf software without restrictions. PDFCreator 3.2.2 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This pdf creator software is filed under:
- PDFCreator Download
- Freeware PDF Software
- Software Reviews
- Major release: PDFCreator 3.2
Compatibility with this pdf creator software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of PDFCreator may be available from pdfforge.
We have tested PDFCreator 3.2.2 against malware with several different programs. Please review the test results. We have not certified this program as clean. [Read more]